Hello!! Happy New Year! Okay. I know I'm a month late. But man was it a busy month. I had the opportunity to photograph so many wonderful people and still somehow managed to find the time to create a new online home for Lauren Hamm Photography. I have been so blown away by all the wonderful opportunities and challenges this past year has brought me. I'm not one for new years resolutions, being more of a rule breaker than a rule maker, but I thought that instead I would share some of my goals for this upcoming year with you. I find that the act of writing down what I hope to accomplish makes them seem more achievable. Also I suddenly feel responsible to you all to follow through once I've put it in writing. I can't say for certain that I will be able to hit all of these goals but I'm deciding to aim high and see how far that takes me.
- It's officially my first wedding season as a photographer. I would like to shoot at least 4 weddings. (I've booked 3 so far so I'm on the hunt for lucky number 4! Contact me here for more information!)
- Begin booking wedding consultations and engagement shoots for the 2017 wedding season.
- Shoot a portrait session or engagement session (or a wedding??) in Waterton, Alberta. My second favourite place on earth. Contact me here if you want to get in on this one!
- Record new music with The Dearhearts.
- Set up an indoor studio space to do out of season headshots. I do love my natural light but living in Canada can sure make that difficult sometimes. Contact me here for information on a headshot session!
- I will stop editing at a decent hour. Let's call that hour.... 11:00pm. Too many times I've looked up at the computer to realize that it's after 2:00am... I go into an editing haze and lose all track of time.
- Be more intentionally active. I love my job, but it sure does include a lot of hours sitting in front of a computer. That can't be good for the body long term.
- Attend at least two photography workshops.
- Blog at least twice a week.
- Travel more. Perhaps even to shoot a destination wedding??? hint hint.
- Create an office space that inspires me.
- Reach 500 facebook fans by the end of 2016, and 1500 fans by the end of 2017.
- Pursue the concept of community over competition by supporting other artists as they pursue their passions.
- Take the risk to reach out and continue to create friendships with other amazing photographers.
- Create and execute one "passion project".
So there. I've named a few of my goals and hopefully inspired you to set a few yourself. If you can, please take a few moments to peek around my new website. I made it just for you! Thank you friends, for all your support. If you want to follow my progress on my goals or help me achieve them, please feel free to "like" and share my facebook page.
Chasing the light...
If you enjoyed this post or know someone who would, please feel free to share it using the buttons below! And don’t forget to like my Facebook page for updates on Lauren Hamm Photography! Thanks for spending some time with me!
- Lauren -